[plug] No BankWest on Debian Testing/Unstable

Mike Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Fri Nov 7 10:53:25 WST 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Rennie wrote:

> I've recently install Debian on my laptop but now I seem unable to get
> to the BankWest online bank OR even their front page.

Is this really an OS issue? Do all browsers have the broblem?
I'd try the main mozilla first. What in the OS could cause it? The
firewall perhaps - have you tried turning it off (to test)?
Do you use a proxy?  Try checking the proxy logs.

> When I go to www.bankwest.com.au after a very short delay I get "Could
> not connect to host" with both Konqueror and MozillaFirebird. I've
> tested MozillaFirebird on win98 and that works OK.

Version?
What behaviour did you see in win98? It should redirect to
http://www.bankwest.com.au/newsroom/default.asp .
Can you load that page directly?

That page is full of nasty javascript, but works on my mozilla & firebird.
Possibly a javascript problem.

> Thanks in advance for any assistance, I'd normally email the BankWest
> guys but I know they're going to ask "What version of IE do you
> have?..." and you know the rest...

Well then, what version of firebird do you have. This *is* beta software,
so be sure to have the latest (0.7), if a problem occurs.
 You cannot expect a bank to support beta software.

regards, Mike.