[plug] No BankWest on Debian Testing/Unstable

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Fri Nov 7 11:00:35 WST 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 10:53:25AM +0800, Mike Holland wrote:
> > When I go to www.bankwest.com.au after a very short delay I get "Could
> > not connect to host" with both Konqueror and MozillaFirebird. I've
> > tested MozillaFirebird on win98 and that works OK.
>
> Version?
> What behaviour did you see in win98? It should redirect to
> http://www.bankwest.com.au/newsroom/default.asp .

Earlier versions of mozilla (<0.9ish) couldn't deal with the front
page, but after finding the login screen, it could cope quite
happily. So I've bookmarked

    https://bob.bankwest.com.au/BWAMain.htm

and used it ever since. It's possible that the browser isn't doing
SSL: Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> SSL -> and see
which of SSLv2 SSLv3 and TLS are checked.

Regards,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham