[plug] Help! My browser is spewing all over my screen.

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Nov 8 12:00:11 WST 2003

> This pattern looks a little like the pattern that is seen when X just
> starts up but is a different colour and is not as fine. This patern
> covers a large part of the browser and can cover other parts of the
> screen. It also subsequently turns up in any other browser windows open
> at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were running into a bug with the X
server, video chipset, or damaged video hardware. I've seen issues like
this with all of those as causes. What's your video chipset, XFree86
version, distro, etc? Output of `lspci` would be handy, as would the X
server log, `dmesg`, and `uname -a`.

Craig Ringer