[plug] File Dependancies

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sat Nov 8 13:21:46 WST 2003

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 01:05:44PM +0800, Greg and Lisa wrote:

| My 2 gig laptop is on loan to a collegue at moment which is running XP
| and when that gets back Linux will be going on that also.

That might be an ... interesting ... experience - my understanding is
that a lot of laptops are only half-supported by Linux, or require some
fiddling to get working.  I don't own one myself so can't really comment
on the details.

| Is there ever any meetings at all anywhere.Would like to come along and
| pick up more infor

There are monthly workshops and seminars.  The next seminar is next
Tuesday, on the topic of networking.  The workshop is on a Monday night
in a few weeks time, at UCC (the Uni Computer Club - upstairs from the
UWA tavern).  These workshops are generally pretty informal, and may be
a good opportunity to get someone to help you in person if you're having
any Linuxy problems.  In general the seminars and workshops are held at
7:30pm on the second Tuesday and fourth Monday of the month.

There are apparently also sessions at Kwinana for south-of-the-river
types.

You can find out all the gory details at:
	http://plug.org.au/index.php?module=PostCalendar

Cheers,

Cameron.

PS. Kim or whoever does the web site - the calendar claims that
Tuesday's seminar is Networking part one.  Wasn't that last month,
making this month's part two?