[plug] File Dependancies

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 8 16:32:20 WST 2003

These days laptop support is quite good, with some dedicated websites to
help.  As usual though, its the mainstream models that are best
supported, and some lag when a completely new model is released, but
thats the same even if its a desktop.  Some "roll your own" is
inevitable, but plenty of help is available here.  I have used Mandrake
in the past on a dell (easy install and auto-detect for hardware - be up
and running with a usable system - that is with an office suite and many
tools - in less time than that other OS), and currently run gentoo which
is easier to config for the type of work I do.

BillK