[plug] Cooking :)

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Sun Nov 9 13:56:39 WST 2003

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 01:07:35PM +0800, Alex Polglaze wrote:

> Onno Benschop wrote:
>

> >Uhm, AFAIK such cans are filled when they're hot and have no air, so if
> >you heat them in boiling water, nothing happens.
> >
> >But, hey, I'm no canning expert, so maybe I'm wrong.
> >

> You're right, nothing happens to the air...but boy, you wants to see what
> happens to the other contents. Not to mention the shrapnel pieces that used
> to once enclose the aforementioned cold contents.
>
> Try it..once.
>
> You'll be convinced, but do stand back.

Don't you lot know about can openers :)

Heres an OT question.. well to the list but not the thread..

When creating a meal, with say 3 dishes, meat, veg/salad whatever..
things that have to get to the table at the same time..

Who can do it ?

If so.. why ? Did mum/dad teach you ?
If not.. why ?

There was a very interesting thread on another list I am on
and wondered if the stats on this "predominately male" list are the same ?

Kim