[plug] (patch (patch (patch Windows))) (was UML (was Cooking (was Fun with Microwaves (was Fish Worms (was apt-get vs RPM, Debian vs Suse, 2.4 vs 2.6 (was Bankwest on Debian Testing/Unstable))))))

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Sun Nov 9 20:00:50 WST 2003

Speaking of security, tracing, etc.
"Microsoft Revises 'Critical' Patches (Again)"
<http://www.esecurityplanet.com/prodser/article.php/3101901>

"We have been putting out our patches on a very unpredictable schedule.
We will now go to monthly patches -- no more than monthly. If we don't
need monthly, we won't have them. But no more than once a month, except
for emergency patches which will be made available essentially
immediately," Ballmer said.

"That predictability is something you and our customers have highlighted
to us we need to do, because people are feeling like they have to drop
everything and deploy every patch at all times," Ballmer added.