[plug] Cooking :)

Rob Davies rob at rjdarts.com
Mon Nov 10 14:45:09 WST 2003

Afternoon

Following remarks are those of a trades person, and are none of the mail
list subscriber.

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 13:56, Kimberly Shelt wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 01:07:35PM +0800, Alex Polglaze wrote:
> >

> > Onno Benschop wrote:
> >

> > >Uhm, AFAIK such cans are filled when they're hot and have no air, so if
> > >you heat them in boiling water, nothing happens.
> > >
> > >But, hey, I'm no canning expert, so maybe I'm wrong.
> > >

> > You're right, nothing happens to the air...but boy, you wants to see what
> > happens to the other contents. Not to mention the shrapnel pieces that used
> > to once enclose the aforementioned cold contents.
> >
> > Try it..once.
> >
> > You'll be convinced, but do stand back.
>
> Don't you lot know about can openers :)
>
> Heres an OT question.. well to the list but not the thread..
>
> When creating a meal, with say 3 dishes, meat, veg/salad whatever..
> things that have to get to the table at the same time..

According to a single female plumber the local pub does this damn well,
most nights.

> Who can do it ?

see above!

> If so.. why ? Did mum/dad teach you ?

Both, they owned a pub in downtown WAGGA WAGGA!

> If not.. why ?

Beats the hell out of shopping and wasting all that time and money on
pots, pans, plates and food etc., which can be best wasted on other
activities, drinking, drinking, dating?????, sports.

HTH
Kimberley

--
Rob Davies
rob at rjdarts.com

' To converse is one strategy that separates us, from the Apes.'