[plug] No BankWest on Debian Testing/Unstable

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Nov 10 09:44:43 WST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 09:22:58AM +0800, Kirk Turner wrote:
> Hmmm but couldn't you use the worms to catch more fish? Reminds me of
> the saying/proverb "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a
> man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime"...
> "Give a man a can of fish and he'll eat for a day, give the man a can of
> worms and he'll eat for a month" ... doesn't quite have the same ring...
> perhaps this was version 0.1 of the proverb :)

Heard or read somewhere...

  "Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set him on fire and
  and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
One friend in a lifetime is much; two are many; three are hardly possible.
Friendship needs a certain parallelism of life, a community of thought,
a rivalry of aim.
		-- Henry Brook Adams