[plug] Interface not being brought up on bootup

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 10 14:36:47 WST 2003

In message <20031110061844.GB3569 at erdos.home>
on Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 02:18:44PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Also, take a look at http://bugs.debian.org/219904 -

My previous queries were geared for specific diagnosis of what ifconfig
was doing or expecting, and whether it was behaving like netkit's
ifconfig. From reading the bug reports, I gather that the output of
those tests would have indicated that Michael's ifconfig is *not* being
supplied by net-tools but by another package (what does `dpkg -S
/sbin/ifconfig` say?). This other package (perhaps inetutils-tool) may
be using the GNU ifconfig rather than the netkit ifconfig.