[plug] Problem compiling linphone (command line only)

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Nov 11 17:34:47 WST 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 05:29:00PM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:

| I want to keep this machine as CLI only but I have plenty of HD space.
| It doesn't say it's going to install x-window-system but I want to check
| that it's not going to have undesired effects anyway.

The one you probably don't want it to install is xserver-xfree86, which
is a real live X server that will want to talk to graphics hardware.
(Well, it won't unless you actually try running it, but just installing
it will still ask lots of irritating questions.)  Since that's only on
the list as a "suggested" package you should be fine.

And since you'll have a package with GNOME support you'll be able to use
it graphically over ssh X forwarding if you ever want to.  (Actually
you'd have to install xbase-clients for that too, but it's still easier
than recompiling ;-)

Cameron.