[plug] Problem compiling linphone (command line only)

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Nov 11 17:29:00 WST 2003

I still seem to be having some problems with it.

make install didn't seem to install it properly with stuff like
"Entering directory [insert directory here]" and then "nothing to be
done for [insert filename here]"

Anyway I am thinking that perhaps I should just install the full package
(the actual GUI program) and all the gnome etc libs that (satisfy
dependencies) come with it. Unfortunate bloat I know.

I want to keep this machine as CLI only but I have plenty of HD space.
It doesn't say it's going to install x-window-system but I want to check
that it's not going to have undesired effects anyway.

I did dpkg -i for the linphone  .deb file and then apt-get -f install
and it shows me the following.

I will probably only install all this stuff as a last resort if
compiling it proves to be to difficult.

regards,

Chris Caston

Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Correcting dependencies... Done
  defoma esound-common file fontconfig gconf2 gnome-mime-data
libart-2.0-2
  libasound2 libatk1.0-0 libaudiofile0 libbonobo2-0 libbonobo2-common
  libbonoboui2-0 libbonoboui2-common libdb4.0 libesd0 libexpat1
libfam0c102
  libfontconfig1 libfreetype6 libgconf2-4 libglade2-0 libgnome2-0
  libgnome2-common libgnomecanvas2-0 libgnomecanvas2-common libgnomeui-0
  libgnomeui-common libgnomevfs2-0 libgnomevfs2-common libgtk2.0-0
  libgtk2.0-common libidl0 libmagic1 liborbit2 libpanel-applet2-0
libpango1.0-0
  libpango1.0-common libpng12-0 libspeex1 libxft2 libxml2 libxrender1
perl
  perl-modules ttf-bitstream-vera ucf xfree86-common xlibs
Suggested packages:
  psfontmgr dfontmgr libfreetype6-dev gnome-icon-theme gnome-vfs-extras2
  ttf-kochi-gothic ttf-thryomanes ttf-arphic-gbsn00lp
ttf-arphic-gkai00mp
  libterm-readline-perl-perl twm x-window-manager xfonts-100dpi
xfonts-75dpi
  xfonts-scalable xlibs-dev xserver-xfree86 xserver x-terminal-emulator
Recommended packages:
  libatk1.0-data esound-clients x-ttcidfont-conf
  defoma esound-common file fontconfig gconf2 gnome-mime-data
libart-2.0-2
  libasound2 libatk1.0-0 libaudiofile0 libbonobo2-0 libbonobo2-common
  libbonoboui2-0 libbonoboui2-common libdb4.0 libesd0 libexpat1
libfam0c102
  libfontconfig1 libfreetype6 libgconf2-4 libglade2-0 libgnome2-0
  libgnome2-common libgnomecanvas2-0 libgnomecanvas2-common libgnomeui-0
  libgnomeui-common libgnomevfs2-0 libgnomevfs2-common libgtk2.0-0
  libgtk2.0-common libidl0 libmagic1 liborbit2 libpanel-applet2-0
libpango1.0-0
  libpango1.0-common libpng12-0 libspeex1 libxft2 libxml2 libxrender1
perl
  perl-modules ttf-bitstream-vera ucf xfree86-common xlibs
0 upgraded, 49 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 19.3MB of archives.
After unpacking 70.7MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Abort.