[plug] hard drive changes

Ben New benplug at leftclick.com.au
Thu Nov 13 10:43:39 WST 2003

Steve,

You've probably just got to change your /etc/fstab.  Your old config
probably had the DVD-ROM on secondary slave (hdd) (since you had 3 HDD
taking up a, b and c). I'm assuming the DVD-ROM is now on either primary
slave (hdb) or secondary master (hdc), since you only have the 2 HDD's.
  You probably just need to remove one entry from fstab and change one
letter (d=>b or d=>c) in the DVD-ROM entry.

Also check that the jumper settings are correct for the hard drives and
DVD-ROM, i.e. that it is set to master if it is master or slave if it is
slave.  Having to do this is the most painful experience IMHO but
necessary nonetheless.

HTH
Ben

Ben @ Leftclick