[plug] hard drive changes

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Nov 13 09:12:02 WST 2003

> When booting, there is a message to say that hdc1 not found etc.  How do
> I clean up this mess so that only the two drives are detected?

I think you'll find that it's not detection that's the issue, but rather
your configuration in /etc/fstab. Most likely the fstab is still
referring to disks that are no longer present.

> I have
> also lost the cdrom

Try checking that '/dev/cdrom' points to the right device file. Also try
looking at the output of 'dmesg' and scanning down to see that the
kernel does detect your CD-ROM correctly.

> Is there a way for Debian to incorporate changes without my interaction?

No.

Craig Ringer