[plug] firewall logs

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Nov 16 17:53:32 WST 2003

I read that the gui was quite outdated.  I eventually found (hopefully) what I was looking for in that in the syslog.conf I put in kern.warn                   /var/log/fwlog

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Jon  Miller wrote:

> I would like to know how to have firewall information log to a separate file instead of the /var/log/messages file.

You have to edit /etc/syslog.conf
I imagine there is a gui for this somewhere, otherwise 'man syslog.conf'
is your friend, as are the great pluggers.

Bye,
Pabs