[plug] [article] Open Code Market (OCM)

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 10:31:56 WST 2003

> I wasn't going to get involved with this, but according to the online
> version of the OED at work, you're right (all of you). The verb is license,
> but licence is also used - see second definition.
>
> license   v.tr.  (also licence) 1 grant a licence to (a person).  2
> <===========================

Yeah, I always use Merriam-Webster's online dictionary because that's the one
you get to if you enter e.g. "dict:licence" into Konqueror's location bar.
That also says that licence is a valid variant of license when used as a
verb.

Incidentally, does mozilla have the equivalent of that Konq feature? I use
mozilla almost all the time now because it's a more compatible browser, but I
still use Konq occasionally because it does some really neat things with it's
web shortcuts. The cpan: (CPAN) and py: (Python) search URLs are the others
I'd have trouble doing without.

--
> eatapple
core dump