[plug] [article] Open Code Market (OCM)

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 17 17:51:55 WST 2003

In message <200311171031.56073.derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk>
on Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 10:31:56AM +0800, Derek Fountain wrote:
> Yeah, I always use Merriam-Webster's online dictionary because that's the one
> you get to if you enter e.g. "dict:licence" into Konqueror's location bar.

LOL. And I had thought "hey, I'm an idiot because this guy's been in
England more recently than my immediate family so he would know the
usage (and maybe its history) definitively" ;-)

> Incidentally, does mozilla have the equivalent of that Konq feature?

Short answer: yes <-- unverified :-)
Longer answer: I don't know whether it's provided by default in Mozilla
or Firebird, but other Gecko variants (e.g. Galeon) probably select a
particular dictionary by default and put an entry field into a search
bar.

PS. I apologize if this question has already been answered, as mail was
directed to my address was stuck on spark again today (thus I might not
have received all follow-ups).