[plug] linux professional needed

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Nov 17 22:15:50 WST 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 09:47:43PM +0800, Craig Dyke wrote:

| Would someone suggest where I might be able to take my Linux box
| to have someone see if they can get my video card to work correctly
| under X?

Looking at the archives (thread starting in August 2003, message ID
<001301c36420$ad784fa0$0200a8c0 at a1100>), it sounds as though you managed
to get it going, just not with 3D acceleration.  I hate to say it, but
if the Nvidia binary doesn't Just Work, the chances are other people
won't be able to fix it either.

Since you seemed to be installing the driver correctly, the only
suggestion I can make is try newer versions of Nvidia's driver, the
kernel, and XFree86.

| Any advice would be appreciated. I live south of the river so somewhere
| this side would be appreciated also :))

LinuxIT (who James mentioned) are SoR - a little more than half-way
between Mudroch and Fremantle, I believe.  Ghastly little yellow
building on the south-east corner of South St and Cannington Rd (IIRC).
(I've never actually been there but I've driven (and walked!) past
them.)

Cameron.