[plug] OO.o - slide from hell

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 19 10:37:32 WST 2003

I have been working ppt's under OO for a couple of years now, and
usually find its just simpler to redo the offending slides and move on.
There are quite a few gotcha's with OO vs ppt and compatibility is only
good with simple layouts, where you can open in both and resolve the
visual conflicts.

I have had only one case where someone turned up to a presentation with
one that wouldnt work under OO, so had to boot XP because of time
constraints - same situ for you i guess.

Also saw an example of a pdf generated under OO used as a fullscreen
presentation under windoze, so I copied the method and used it for a
presentation last week - it looks like a better way to go.  Other than
not being able to do super fancy effects, it looks like a viable method
of getting compatibility in that what you see under OO is what you get
on doze.

BillK