[plug] SCO again

garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Wed Nov 19 13:43:45 WST 2003

http://thelinuxshow.com/archives/2003/tls-11-18-2003.mp3

Here is a question and answer session involving TheLinuxShow and Darl
McBride, held today in a public forum. The audio quality is poor at
first but does improve..

I was surprised at how civilised the discussion was...

There is also the rest of this week's TheLinuxShow there too, which I
haven't listened to yet. I expect it will be an analysis of the session
at least, prob with the week Linux news stories thrown in too..

This mp3 is a 12 Meg d/l, and runs for ~111 minutes.

Regards

Garry.

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:07:46 +0800
Richard Meyer <meyerri at au1.ibm.com> wrote:

> <quote>
>
> But in a filing yesterday the SCO Group gave a strong hint that while
> it anticipates riches from IP licenses, its current business is
> falling apart. Deeply embedded in the risks portion of the filing is
> this statement:
>
> "We are informed that participants in the Linux industry have
> attempted to influence participants in the markets in which we sell
> our products to reduce or eliminate the amount of our products and
> services that they purchase. They have been somewhat successful in
> those efforts and similar efforts and success will likely continue.
> There is also a risk that the assertion of our intellectual property
> rights will be negatively viewed by participants in our marketplace
> and we may lose support from such participants. Any of the foregoing
> could adversely affect our position in the marketplace and our results
> of operations. "
>
> Which boils down to two admissions. SCO has already lost business from
> its loyal customer base. And it expects to lose more.
>

> </quote>

Bigpond - Will the last one out please turn off the lights?