[plug] Debian - clueless :o}

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Sat Nov 22 11:28:14 WST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 14:09, Derek Fountain wrote:
> > > My understanding may be wrong, but, from informtion from VMWare, Debian
> > > is not supported with VMWare.

Huh?

I think you can read this two ways:

      * Debian as a host doesn't support VMware as an application.
      * xyz as a host running VMware doesn't support installing Debian
        in the virtual machine.

Now I *know* that the top one works just fine, I used it to submit my
BAS last night :-)

As for the second one, don't see any reason for it not to work, given
that VMware supports Linux as a guest OS.

So, this statement does not appear to be correct.

Cheers,

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°43'17" - E150°34'56" (Kangaroo Valley, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..