[plug] Debian - clueless :o}

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 22 11:09:56 WST 2003

> > My understanding may be wrong, but, from informtion from VMWare, Debian
> > is not supported with VMWare.
> >
> > If that is wrong, and you manage to get it going, apart from letting us
> > know, you may want to tell VMWare.
>
> Works fine for me - I have it running right now. It prob'ly won't work
> as a host, though, due to the lack of vaguely modern libraries like gtk2
> though.

You mean running the Linux version of Vmware on a debian box to run a virtual
debian machine is unlikely to work? I have the Windows version of Vmware so I
shouldn't get bitten by that.

ATM I only have a bare bones system, and until the debian servers are brought
back online I'm kind of stuck anyway.

--
> eatapple
core dump