[plug] squirrelmail dependency issue

Sol Hanna sol at autonomon.net
Sat Nov 22 22:41:06 WST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 22:52, Jon Miller wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade SM to it's latest version and when trying to do so using rpm -Uvh SM, I keep getting:
> [root at gateway rpms]# rpm -Uvh squirrelmail-1.4.2-1.noarch.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         httpd is needed by squirrelmail-1.4.2-1
>
> I have httpd (apache-1.3.19-5) installed but this does seem to help, I even stopped apache to do the install, but this didn't work.
>
> Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
Mmm... I haven't tried upgrading SM yet so I can only offer a stab in
the dark:
1. I think you'll need to have apache running whilst you upgrade.I'm not
aware of SM requiring any particular version of apache beyond the 1.3.x
version.
2. I can say that I've had trouble with *.noarch.rpm's before. I tend to
stick with packages supplied by my distro wherever possible to avoid
conflicts. Does the distro you're using offer a newer version of SM? SM
is very popular and i've seen packages for a few distros.
3. This /might/ actually point to a PHP version conflict. PHP is started
with Apache (unless you've installed the CLI version) and is an apache
module. So this complaint may pertain to not having the right version of
PHP installed.

These are all just wild speculations, but that's all I can offer ATM.

Good luck; sol