[plug] Volume accounting

Trent Lloyd trent at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Nov 23 06:24:49 WST 2003

iptables has counters

iptables -nvL INPUT
should show you incoming data

if you want to customize it you can add rules, for example all data coming in ppp0 (if thats your dialup iface)

iptables -A INPUT -i ppp0

then iptables -nvL INPUT
and the counter should be there

man iptables for more information, clearing counters, etc.

the other thing you might want to look at is 'ipac (ip accounting)'

Cheers,
Trent