[plug] DVD Burning...

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Sun Nov 23 10:47:33 WST 2003

Gah! I'm having real problems burning DVDs. Basically, I burn a DVD, it
burns fine (Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105 drive), it verifies fine, everything
is happy. I then stick the burnt DVD-R in a DVD-ROM drive, and I get
data/IO errors.

I'm using dvdrecord. I'd like to try burning at a slower speed, but no
matter what speed setting I pass to it, it always does it at speed 4.
Any ideas why it's refusing to burn slower?

I'm now trawling for newer firmware and alternate burning software, but
any experiences/tips would be appreciated.

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |