[plug] Mozilla magic still

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Nov 24 15:31:40 WST 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:53, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <200311241451.32157.leon at brooks.fdns.net>
> on Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 02:51:32PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
>> [it] seems as though Mozilla (1.4 from mdk 9.2) is
>> doing a "stealth" Google search.

> I thought Ben New indicated that the "Internet Keywords" feature was
> responsible. Perhaps there is a mouse binding for "Internet
> Keywords"?

If you paste (middle click) a string which is obviously not a URL onto a
page, Konqueror will do a search on it, but it does land you in Google,
not on the feeling-lucky site.

I presume that Mozilla's doing the same, but it may be doing it
back-door style rather than via a standard web-page request and giving
you the lucky feeling.

Internet keywords should be a completely different thing, at least it is
for every other browser I've tried, where you specify a shortcut like
"g" and when it sees that as a "URL" it takes you to (for example)
Google or your Girly Page or Gold Stocks instead.

Cheers; Leon