[plug] Mozilla magic still

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 24 15:36:06 WST 2003

In message <200311241531.40889.leon at brooks.fdns.net>
on Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 03:31:40PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> I presume that Mozilla's doing the same, but it may be doing it
> back-door style rather than via a standard web-page request and giving
> you the lucky feeling.

Back-door? Huh? Not using HTTP, you mean? Surely that would be a tad too
bizarre to actually be a standard feature.

> Internet keywords should be a completely different thing, at least it is
> for every other browser I've tried, where you specify a shortcut like
> "g" and when it sees that as a "URL" it takes you to (for example)
> Google or your Girly Page or Gold Stocks instead.

We must live in different universes. For me, "Internet Keywords" has
always been the "use a search engine if an invalid URL was used when a
URL had been expected" feature.
<http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/internet-keywords.html>