[plug] kernel deb

Clare Johnstone clare at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Thu Nov 27 04:44:35 WST 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Adrian Woodley wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 14:15, smclevie wrote:
> rm /vmlinuz ; ln -s /boot/vmlinux-2.4.22 /vmlinuz ; lilo
> > Perhaps I need to create a lilo.conf which has a choice of kernels

Yes, Debian does this anyway. There is usually a set of lines in lilo.conf
to boot vmlinuz.old, and you should make that a link to a good kernel.
Then when you link vmlinuz to the new one, if you have run lilo and
got no errors, and both kernels reported, you can boot the old one if the
new one is bad.

clare