zsh and screen (was: Re: [plug] console scroll)

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Nov 27 13:03:45 WST 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 12:41:04PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
| In message <20031127042738.GC14435 at erdos.home>
| on Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 12:27:38PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
| > Or if you're like me, in your ~/.bashrc ;-)
|
| Of which there is current a vicious discussion occuring on a users'
| mailing list :-)

Hmm, okay.  Is it archived on the Web somewhere?  If so, I may dig
through the archives some time to see what deranged schemes other people
are using.

| > Or if you're like me, in your ~/.zshrc ;-)
|
| There, fixed ;-P ;-)

I've noticed that a few Plug/UCC types (hi Bernard :-P) use and
advocate zsh.  I've only tried it for a short while, and was rather
upset that the Home/End keys did quirky things (playing around with it
just now, hitting "home" plunged it into vi keybindings mode, and while
I use vi for all my editing, I don't want to have to fiddle with a modal
editor in my shell!); C-a/C-e didn't behave as expected either.  Can
this be fixed easily?  And for that matter, why was this considered to
be sensible default behaviour?

For now, I'm sticking with bash :-)

Cameron.