zsh and screen (was: Re: [plug] console scroll)

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Nov 27 14:02:30 WST 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 01:38:28PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:

| You probably have EDITOR set to vi

Of course I bloody do!  What kind of fool do you take me for? ;-)

(Well, actually it's set to vim.  But at least it's not emacs.  Or nano.)

| - from which zsh assumes vi editing mode. ("man zshzle" or "man zshall")

Ahhh! Cheers.

I find the talk of "Zsh built-in FTP client" in 'man zshall' rather
disturbing, though.  I'm not sure if this is really a shell I want to be
seen associating with... :-P

| To fix it, put "bindkey -e" in your .zshrc.

Thanks, seemed to fix it! ;-)

| Anything that discourages people from accidentally producing csh
| scripts is a good thing. ::-)

Hehe.  Was once forced to use csh for a week ... I think if I'd stayed
there any longer, I'd've compiled bash myself to retain my sanity.
Urgh.

Regards,

Cameron.