[plug] confessions of a dselect lover

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Wed Oct 1 16:01:23 WST 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 03:52:47PM +0800, Adam Hewitt wrote:
> the aptitude interface is often quite bad in that it brings in
> dependencies which have nothing to do with anything you have installed

The other installed packages are probably just those recommended by the
packages you are installing.

Press F10, select Options -> "Dependency handling" and then disable
"Install Recommended packages automatically" and "Install Suggested
packages automatically".  You should find that stops that problem.

> and also removes programs that "are no longer needed" which are
> definitely needed

Again, this can be switched off ("Remove unused packages
automatically").

--
 Leon Blackwell                | I can picture a world without war,
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | without hate.