[plug] libfreetype version and Y

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Oct 1 23:36:17 WST 2003

Hello,

I am looking at trying out Y: A Successor to the X Window System
(http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~mbt99/Y/)

I am just looking at what I need to do to meet the following depends:

libSDL 1.2 (available at www.libsdl.org)
      * libfreetype 2.1.3 (available at www.freetype.org)
      * libsigc++ 1.0 (available at libsigc.sf.net)
      * libiterm 0.5-mbt or a version greater than 0.5

I'm using Bonzai Linux (Woody with KDE 3.1, xf86 4.1, & kernel 2.4.20)

and have:

* libSDL 1.2
* libfreetype 6 2.0.9-1
* libsigc++0 1.0.4-3

* NO libiterm

Now wbat exactly does libfreetype do and what is the best way to update
it with minimum side effects for my system?

Are there likely to be any other issues with the above?

I'm considering using something from the apt-sources on this page
:
http://www.apt-get.org/search.php?query=freetype&arch%5B%5D=i386

I notice all of these are a slightly higher version.

Is it safe to remove libfreetype and install a more recent from the
apt-source? (perhaps I should even hit freetype.sf.net)

Or is there a seamless way to update?

regards,

--

Chris Caston

Manager and technician
Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au
ABN: 51614966828

ph: (08) 9478 1530
mobile: 0422 978315

chris at debian:~$ host security.microsoft.com
security.microsoft.com does not exist (Authoritative answer)