[plug] dselect help

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Thu Oct 2 14:14:33 WST 2003

Tim Bowden wrote:

>> Dunno, I just use the "/" and search for all or part of what I'm
>> looking for, just like less and vi.
>

> Just what I needed.  Works a treat.  I just discovered dselect will work
> where apt-get won't.  I think I'm sold.

Welcome to the dark side young skywalker..
It's really quite versatile. I spent a couple of minutes looking at the
help screen for keys and kind-of went.. oooh it can do all that? Can it
wash my dishes as well?

I guess it's a little like the rest of debian, powerful enough to do
almost anything you want it to, but completely confusing to the newbie.

Brad