[plug] dselect help

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 2 14:24:28 WST 2003

Tim Bowden wrote:
>> Dunno, I just use the "/" and search for all or part of what I'm
>> looking for, just like less and vi.
>

> Just what I needed.  Works a treat.  I just discovered dselect will work
> where apt-get won't.  I think I'm sold.

Have to take that back.  dselect did not work either, though to be fair
it turns out it is neither dselect nor apt-get's fault.  I have just
tried installing evolution which has failed.  I have my sources.list
pointed to testing but the required package is only available in stable.
  Perhaps I am wrong but I was under the impression that any
dependancies for a testing or unstable package would also be in the same
stream.  Is this wrong?  If so, I will need to add stable to my list.

Thanks,
Tim Bowden