[plug] Anti-Virus

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Oct 2 22:33:39 WST 2003

We're resellers for Sophos Anti-Virus, there is a product called Mail Monitor that scans e-mail and if you are using Samba then you can setup Sophos in a CID (Central Installation Directory ) that each desktop can poll for the latest updates and that'll automatically update the desktops.  If you run a cron job you can download the latest IDe's (signature files) as often as you like.  If you want to trial the product let me know.

Jon

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> jturner at bsis.com.au 3:36:51 PM 2/10/2003 >>>
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good linux based virus
scanner?

Not so much for linux viruses (of which there are few) but more so for a
linux box that has windows files on it acting as a PDC via Samba.

Cheers in advance
Jay