[plug] Anti-Virus

Luke Dudney dex at wn.com.au
Fri Oct 3 00:13:57 WST 2003

I can vouch for the quality of sophos SAV too. We're running it in
conjunction with amavisd-new and sophie on a postfix mail gateway which
scans about 200k messages per day from memory. Runs beautifully.

Amavis was a bit of a pain to set up but sophie (open source scanning
interface to SAV) is very slick. I tried out Sophos's mail monitor
product but it seemed to have severe performance limitations at the
time, which they did not seem in any hurry to resolve. That was about 18
months ago though so there may have been improvements in that time.

http://www.vanja.com/tools/sophie/
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

cheers
Luke