[plug] dependecies issue when installing kdebase on sid

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 3 10:16:38 WST 2003

James Devenish wrote:
> In message <1065143282.3f7ccbf21a025 at mailmanager.arach.net.au>
> on Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 09:08:02AM +0800, caston at arach.net.au wrote:
>
>>happy after install 2.6pre4 but my happiness was short lived after comming
>>across an error installing kdebase.
>>
>>It says it depends on ksysguard - > ksysguardd -> libsensors1-debian1 (which is
>>for some reason missing)
>

> Know issue, apparently:
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2003/debian-kde-200306/msg00192.html>
>
>>I did the install late night and hoped this was just an issue with the apt
>>mirror (http://ftp.wa.au.debian.org) that would be resolved by this morning.
>

> Perhaps you are not far off. The last message at this website is dated
> 2 October 2003: <http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianKDE>
>
> Sounds like this is similar to the sort of issue that Tim Bowden
> dealt with yesterday.

Beat me to it.  Sounds like my problem, at least on the surface.
Strictly speaking, when I went to istall evolution, dselect complained
about missing files, which I needed to get by installing two packages
from stable.  I installed the two packages and all was well, at least
with evolution.  I've since discovered though, I've got other serious
problems with gnome.  Parts of gnome are missing and I'm going to have
to sort that out sometime soon.  Is it possible that the missing files
would have been supplied by one of the supposedly installed gnome packages?

I suspect the best way to solve the gnome problem is a 'brute force'
reinstall of gnome. Hmmm, have to have a look at dselect to see how to
do that.

Tim Bowden