[plug] dependecies issue when installing kdebase on sid

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri Oct 3 23:59:29 WST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 17:17, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 05:11:15PM +0800, caston at arach.net.au wrote:
> | Anyone able to shed some light on the changes to keyboard and mouse control in
> | 2.6? Have you come across related problems?
>
> For USB mice everything should Just Work the way it always did with
> /dev/input/mice.  For PS2 and serial mice you may have to change your
> XF86Config-4 file to refer to /dev/input/mice rather than /dev/psaux -
> i.e. everything is unified under /dev/input rather than the old system
> which had different device names for different types of mice.
>
> Cameron.

Thanks Cameron. You are a life saver. May your post get googled up and
help many a person with that same issue.

BTW the system is running sweet and just with Sid, KDE 3.1 and kernel
2.4.20

OO.o loads in about 2 seconds as does Mozilla. Evolution 1.4 rocks (must
be the updated GTK support) as everything is so much cleaner and better
looking.

I've had some awesome success with WINE and found that I can run the UBD
on CD-ROM as well as Casewise Corporate Modeller.

I'm just tweaking it trying to get Bart's PE builder to create a WinPE
iso at the moment.
Manager and Technician

Aptitude Technology
ABN: 51614966828

ph: 9478 1530
mobile: 0422978315
http://www.aptiudetech.com.au

-Start a new business, change your life. Start an Open Source business,
change your world.