[plug] AMI MegaRAID/HP NetRAID 1M/2M monitoring tools

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Oct 7 17:56:27 WST 2003

> Thanks, after negotiating with the site a different way (it wanted me to
> login) I got a version and am now pulling it apart with Debian to figure
> it out.
>
> Looks like some hacking of the shell scripts which invoke some of the
> binary utils and the like.  Will report back if I figure it out before
> the new year ;)

Okay you saw this coming right?

The utils need /dev/megadev0, in the init script for it is this:

===================
MAJOR=`grep megadev /proc/devices|awk '{print $1}'`

if [ ! x$MAJOR = x ]
then
        # major device number found
        rm -f /dev/megadev0     # remove if already there, ignore if not.
        mknod /dev/megadev0  c $MAJOR 0
fi
===================

Which finds nothing as my proc/devices shows no megaraid:

Character devices:
  1 mem
  2 pty
  3 ttyp
  4 ttyS
  5 cua
  7 vcs
 10 misc
 29 fb
128 ptm
136 pts

Block devices:
  1 ramdisk
  2 fd
  3 ide0
  7 loop
  8 sd
  9 md
 36 ed
 65 sd

Do any of those jump out as being relevant and a possible major number?  md looked promising so I tried that (9) to no avail.

The only reference I can find to 'megaraid' is in /proc/interrupts:

 15:     181190          XT-PIC  megaraid

Anyone know the major number I might use?  Google hasn't helped me yet.

Ryan