[plug] AMI MegaRAID/HP NetRAID 1M/2M monitoring tools

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Oct 7 18:05:50 WST 2003

Ryan wrote:
>>Thanks, after negotiating with the site a different way (it wanted me to
>>login) I got a version and am now pulling it apart with Debian to figure
>>it out.
>>
>>Looks like some hacking of the shell scripts which invoke some of the
>>binary utils and the like.  Will report back if I figure it out before
>>the new year ;)
>

> Okay you saw this coming right?
>
> The utils need /dev/megadev0, in the init script for it is this:

Hmm I honestly don't recall.
I was only using the raid manager program which I extracted from the rpm
from memory.
That was in my last job, and just before I left they threatened me with
hot pokers and forced me to reformat the machine and install windows 2003.

Having said that, since I left the system has been down 50% of the time
and apparently crashing on a daily basis. Not to mention the motherboard
shutdowns due to overheating cpu's that we never had under linux.

I have to look back and have a very evil laugh. Gotta love completely
uninformed, knee-jerk management decisions against all other advice by
all of the other people/parties involved.
But of course I did the 2003 install and therefore the whole thing is my
fault <snigger>
Glad I'm not there anymore..

Brad