[plug] AMI MegaRAID/HP NetRAID 1M/2M monitoring tools

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Oct 7 23:06:09 WST 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 10:59:47PM +0800, Ryan wrote:
> > script as you saw. What modules are loaded? The major number is
> > assigned dynamically by the kernel when the megaraid.o driver is
> > loaded (hence why the script has to try and find it out)... are you
>
> megaraid is compiled in the kernel, if I modularise it will that code
> snippet be able to find it out?  or will I still need to do some other
> trick to discover it?

Hmm, compiling it in shouldn't make a difference. Can you send the
output of dmesg|grep -i megaraid ?

Scanning through the driver source, it should also create a
/proc/megaraid entry if it loaded successfully. It might be the case
that the megaraid driver isn't actually detecting the card...

Regards,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham