[plug] mice

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Wed Oct 8 09:07:47 WST 2003

I personally like the MS Intellimouse Explorer (rev3) I've got at home.
I've got fairly big hands, but the size of the mouse means that I don't
have to have my hand scrunched up at all to use it, I find it quite
comfortable to use.

I have an MS Wheelmouse optical at work that is smaller and not as
comfortable to use.  I've used those Logitech trackballs before as well
and they aren't too bad comfort wise, they just take a while to get used
to controlling :)

Personally I'd recommend (if you can) going into a large computer store
that has keyboards / mice on display that you can touch and see what
feels comfortable for you.  The Hardly Normal store at Osborne Park had
some on display like that last time I was down in Perth.

/ Ben

Adam Hewitt wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>After working with computers for the last 15 years and working with
>computers for 7, I have really started having problems with RSI in my
>mouse hand. This has recently been compunded further by the purchase of
>my awesome iBook and the use of its trackpad.
>
>My question for the list is, what mice do you guys use or recommend that
>are ergonomic enough to reduce the damage I am doing to my hand? I guess
>the ultimate mouse I am looking for would have to also be portable so
>that I can take it with my ibook, but not as important as comfort.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Adam.

Ben Jensz

3FL File Mirror - mirror.3fl.net