[plug] mice

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 8 09:11:53 WST 2003

In message <1065574688.673.58.camel at phoenix>
on Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 08:58:09AM +0800, Adam Hewitt wrote:
> After working with computers for the last 15 years and working with
> computers for 7,

You got a second monitor after 8 years?? ;)

% YEARS=$(echo "22 5 - p" | dc)
% if [[ $YEARS -gt 15 ]]; then echo "Ha ;)"; fi
Ha ;)
If you could always call it "working" ;)

> I have really started having problems with RSI in my mouse hand. This
> has recently been compunded further by the purchase of my awesome
> iBook and the use of its trackpad.

I really loved when Apple added trackpads, because I absolutely adorse
not pushing around a lump of mouse guts. I'm really sad to hear it's
aggravated your problem. Just one thing...I often swap between using
thumb and forefinger...could that be beneficial for you?

> My question for the list is, what mice do you guys use or recommend that
> are ergonomic enough to reduce the damage I am doing to my hand? I guess
> the ultimate mouse I am looking for would have to also be portable so
> that I can take it with my ibook, but not as important as comfort.

Do people still use trackballs?

I've seen people using this, too:
<http://www.3m.com/cws/renmouse.html>

What about this... ;)