[plug] AMI MegaRAID/HP NetRAID 1M/2M monitoring tools

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Oct 8 14:46:44 WST 2003

On a different machine so I can't quote the previous chapters of this
thread, but ...

It now all works after putting a 2.4.22 kernel on.  It shows MANY more
devices now, one of which is the megadev we all were hoping I'd find
sooner rather than later and stop flooding the list.

Look see:

Character devices:
  1 mem
  2 pty
  3 ttyp
  4 ttyS
  5 cua
  6 lp
  7 vcs
 10 misc
 21 sg
 29 fb
109 lvm
128 ptm
136 pts
162 raw
203 cpu/cpuid
254 megadev

*cheers*

The shell script detects it and makes the /dev/megadev0 entry using 254
as the major.

The dellmgr utility runs nicely and is actually identical to the BIOS
tools available on the card itself with CTRL-M during boot - although
rebranded Dell PERC etc.

Thanks folks (Bernard),

Ryan