[plug] Colo in Perth

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Oct 9 14:07:57 WST 2003

> I'm looking into colo with a Perth ISP - does anyone have any recommendations
> or comments please?
>
> I'm beginning to think that hosting live sites on a DSL line isn't always a
> good idea. It's one of those things that sounds fine until DSL goes away for
> an hour or so.

The POST has been on Indigo networks for years now, and we've had good
results. I think they're called Ace Online now.

My uptimes have been 364 days every year - it goes down briefly on day
365 for the big annual QV1 power-down. I must say I wonder why they
don't have their racks on a UPS, but don't care that much.

Craig Ringer