[plug] Last nights First Wednesday Meeting

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Oct 10 10:28:16 WST 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Kimberly Shelt wrote:

> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:32:55 +1000
> From: Kimberly Shelt <kim at linmagau.org>
> To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] Last nights First Wednesday Meeting
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 12:41:23AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> > So, how is there nine days' notice, from 6 October (the first notice of
> > what the presentation was about, until 8 October?
>
> WRONG !!!!!! actually I started spamiming about this as early as 4th Sept.
> AND there was a fair amount of info in the latest edition of LinMagAu
> AND even on the PLUG calendar 1st Oct.
>
> Details below
>
> It would be perfectly ok Bret, to just
> a) say you were not interested so didn't come..
> b) say nothing..
>
> Of course all of my updating was mostly related to LinMagAu I am guessing
> your next rebutal will be that you were interested in the SAGE speakers
> and details of their presentation rather than supporting LinMagAu..
>
> Then join the SAGE group, or the First Wednesday group and get in the loop.
> Or better still, ACT on my last mail about "community" and how we in WA
> should ALL get together and organise more of these speakers etc..
>
> Kim
> --
> http://www.linmagau.org
>
> Details for Bret:

So, when was the first item posted on the PLUG list, with a meaningful
and relevant subject, such as "Next First Wednesday Group meeting?"

Your response above is reminiscent of the response from the Vogon
Destructor Ship Captain, to the person complaining that people did not
know that the Earth was about to be demolished to make way for the
Intergalactic Highway Extension.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale