[plug] Socket A cooling recommendations

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Fri Oct 10 14:16:10 WST 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 02:01:53PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> I'm used to working with processors running between 60--80C

Many CPUs (Athlon XPs, for example) start cooking at 85-90C, while
others (some of the PIIIs) can fall over at 62C or so.  Depending on
your CPU, you'll probably want things a little cooler than you're
currently running  :)

Also, keep an eye on the voltage levels.  I've noted that if you
overdrive the +12V, your die temperature will go up very quickly.  You
might not need better cooling -- you may just need a better PSU.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | I can picture a world without war,
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | without hate.