[plug] WinXP NTFS resize ecperience?

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 10 22:05:56 WST 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 07:59:50PM +0800, Garry wrote:
> Anyone got experience (good/bad/ugly) with resizing a default WinXP (Pro
[...]

"ntfsresize" from the Debian ntfstools package. It's part of the current
Mandrake installer, but you can also find it in any recent Knoppix.

I don't think parted knows how to use it yet, but read the ntfsresize
man page and go for it. (Worst case, your OEM CD should reinstall
Windows!) Worked for me on a coworker's new laptop - first shrink the
filesystem, then shrink the partition with cfdisk (and add new ones in
the blank space).

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal