[plug] A new modem needed?

Ville Johansson vvj at gawab.com
Sat Oct 11 16:48:04 WST 2003

I've always tried to avoid USB devices, except if they are mice (I've
got an MS one, shame on me!). First of all, I've never trusted them.
This is mostly from bad experiences with cruddy cheap devices. If it's
some obscure cheap thing Linux drivers may also not be available.
Secondly, it's often more practical to get something with a
"conventional" connection. To stay on
the modem topic, it's a lot easier to have a home network with an
ethernet modem. Just plug it into a switch and away we go.

$0.02

Ville "That finnish guy" Johansson