[plug] digital TV

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Sun Oct 12 18:00:31 WST 2003

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Brad Campbell wrote:

> Niiiice.. They also do a Terrestrial version, so when we have that
> working I can recommend it as a DTV card that will work with Aus
> broadcasters :p)

There seems to have been several DVB-T cards released in Australia in
recent months, and often Linux support is better than windows.
 With a cheap PCI card you can receive HDTV and save to hard-disk. Though
I think you need a very fast CPU for software-decoding full-res HDTV
playback. This is definitely on my list of toys to get.

e.g.
http://www.digitalnow.com.au/products/dvbt.html
http://www.kristal.com.au/product.asp?id=111
http://www.dpanda.com.au/dpanda/dvbtpci.html

--
Ask not for whom the telephone bell tolls...
if thou art in the bathtub, it tolls for thee.